I have reported 14 errors to the GRO and 7 of them have resulted in amendments.
The other 7 have resulted in "no amendment required", 2 because "index data is correct" and 2 because "index data not available".
The earlier ones had no reason given.
I still cannot find the records concerned but they are shown on the images on FreeBMD.
Presumably there is a mismatch between the original schedules sent to the GRO and the old quarterly indexes, but does anyone know what these cryptic remarks mean and/or is there anything else I can do, usually to find the mother's maiden name?
I am posting in this forum because Peter has links to the GRO.
The other 7 have resulted in "no amendment required", 2 because "index data is correct" and 2 because "index data not available".
The earlier ones had no reason given.
I still cannot find the records concerned but they are shown on the images on FreeBMD.
Presumably there is a mismatch between the original schedules sent to the GRO and the old quarterly indexes, but does anyone know what these cryptic remarks mean and/or is there anything else I can do, usually to find the mother's maiden name?
I am posting in this forum because Peter has links to the GRO.