cfbandit
LostCousins Member
I ordered my second great grandfather's probate record from the service and received a copy of his will and probate record with Pauline Greenwood and John James Stanley as his executor. It seemed like everything was in order until my cousin pointed out that there's a second line on the probate index that seems to ALSO refer to my William Stanley.
John James is his proven son, but I don't have a record of marriage for either an Ellen OR Pauline Greenwood. We're looking for that now.
So this brings up two questions for me:
1. What does it mean when a grant is revoked? Is that essentially saying they found his will invalid?
2. Is an estate of that size unusual for a colliery hewer? It seems large to me but I admit I don't have much knowledge of how well paid a hewer would be.
