Pauline
LostCousins Megastar
As Peter mentions in the latest newsletter, Ancestry has recently added Gloucestershire parish register images to their site.
However, as a word of warning, although these records appear to be transcribed and indexed, some seem not to have been. I haven't yet done any broad checking, but while looking for folk in North Nibley, and not finding any of them, I discovered that North Nibley baptisms and burials for much of the 18th century do not show up in a search, even though images for these registers are there (and browseable).
I need to investigate further but I thought others might find it helpful to be aware of this now.
However, as a word of warning, although these records appear to be transcribed and indexed, some seem not to have been. I haven't yet done any broad checking, but while looking for folk in North Nibley, and not finding any of them, I discovered that North Nibley baptisms and burials for much of the 18th century do not show up in a search, even though images for these registers are there (and browseable).
I need to investigate further but I thought others might find it helpful to be aware of this now.