For those looking to join Peter in the Algarve may I recommend the site http://skyscanner.net a flight price comparison site. It has a wonderful range of really useful options to narrow down your search and find the best pricing.
I particularly like the flexible (whole month) view the link is an example of March 2014 from London to Faro (Algarve - which I assume is nearest airport). A standard search when you pick specific days eg: I picked Monday 17th March 2014 for a week to Monday 24th March as Peter had suggested avoiding weekends. That gave a price from Gatwick in London of £98 per person.
As you will hopefully see from the link above using the flexible view you can see that by travelling out on the Saturday 15th March and returning on the Thursday 27th you get the price down to just £55 per person, almost half price.
Note this site appears to work for around the world not just to and from UK, although it is very UK centric. I suspect there are US and Canada sites that do the same sort of thing.
I particularly like the flexible (whole month) view the link is an example of March 2014 from London to Faro (Algarve - which I assume is nearest airport). A standard search when you pick specific days eg: I picked Monday 17th March 2014 for a week to Monday 24th March as Peter had suggested avoiding weekends. That gave a price from Gatwick in London of £98 per person.
As you will hopefully see from the link above using the flexible view you can see that by travelling out on the Saturday 15th March and returning on the Thursday 27th you get the price down to just £55 per person, almost half price.
Note this site appears to work for around the world not just to and from UK, although it is very UK centric. I suspect there are US and Canada sites that do the same sort of thing.