• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

FTM keeps disconnecting me from Ancestry

CarolB08

LostCousins Member
Hi is anyone else having issues with family tree maker disconectting itself from Ancestry ? Mine has started to do this on a regular basis, I am still running the 2017 issue on firefox. Its starting to really irritate me. I have cleared my browsing history and will look into clearing my cache shortly.
 
I am still running the 2017 issue
So am I but I use Chrome and it remains connected to Ancestry. There is a banner in Ancestry right now to say they are having technical issues, perhaps it's causing your issue?
 
Slightly 'off topic' some time after I'd written thread #2 I was using Ancestry and twice it suddenly asked me to sign in. I was really annoyed because it didn't take me back to where I was and I totally lost the thread of my research. Even using the history in Chrome didn't help because it threw me out again.
Hopefully it was a one off.
 
Its still happening to me, I have no idea why, I am wondering if its something to do with my antivirus being to efficient? Or as you say perhaps Ancestry's updating is causing the issue.
 
I just posted in the familytreemaker facebook group and got this response
" Ancestry are at RootsTech this week. So expect server connectivity issues as they roll out/reveal new features.
Also Ancestry have been changing security to prompt you to log on a lot more often.
Doesn’t help you but does answer you question."
 
server connectivity issues as they roll out/reveal new features.
as per usual, they concentrate on new stuff instead of fixing existing stuff. For example, the image often asks me to use the basic viewer because there's a problem. Poor transcriptions are the bain of my life too.

Thanks to CarolB08 for taking it further.
 
It happened to me too last night when I went to sync from FTM to Ancestry. I actually thought nothing of it since it had been a while since I had tried doing it.
 
Back
Top