I hope it's not raining as much as it is here in NZ, it feels like it hasn't stopped for months and I'm itching to do my garden because the spring overgrowth needs attacking.will have to play in the garden instead tomorrow,
Same here, but way better than drought![]()
Hi Jorghes,Have you simply prompted the FTM program itself to search for updates? There is a "check for updates and upgrades" in the "Family Tree Maker" menu, and you might be able to do it that way. I think mine update without me realising.
Hi BobCan someone remind me how to create a cut down tree (in this case for a maternal 1st cousin who has DNA tested) from within FTM. I know it can be done and have done it before but several moons ago, and it will be easier to be reminded than to try to sus out myself. Thanks
I can't sync to Ancestry at the moment because the log in to Ancestry from FTM fails with an 'unknown error'. When I queried it with MacKiev I was told I need to upgrade my operating system - which I am intending to do shortly - and then it should (hopefully) work!so far have only installed & tried to SYNC to Ancestry which failed on each of 3 attempts.
FTM connects to Ancestry OK. The SYNC appears to be working & then the FAILED message. I'll try at 4am with fingers crossed though all my attempts have been in Green weather or whatever they call it.I can't sync to Ancestry at the moment because the log in to Ancestry from FTM fails with an 'unknown error'. When I queried it with MacKiev I was told I need to upgrade my operating system - which I am intending to do shortly - and then it should (hopefully) work!
Assuming FTM has converted the file to the latest version (when it was opened), have you tried selecting "Tools ... Compact file ... " and ticked "perform extended analysis"?FTM connects to Ancestry OK. The SYNC appears to be working & then the FAILED message. I'll try at 4am with fingers crossed though all my attempts have been in Green weather or whatever they call it.
Yes FTM converted the file to latest version on opening, Yes I have compacted the file with perform extended analysis selected.Assuming FTM has converted the file to the latest version (when it was opened), have you tried selecting "Tools ... Compact file ... " and ticked "perform extended analysis"?
Thanks Tim.Once you have loaded your file from one system into the other then they are sync'd. Now if you do any changes in one system then just press the sync in FTM and it will sync both tress again.
The only word of warning that they give is to do changes in one system at a time. i.e. do some changes in FTM and then sync, and then you could do changes in Ancestry and then sync.