Hi, this is my first posting on the Lost Cousins Forum! I use Roots Magic (5.0.4.1) and I was able to export my gedcom file into FT Analyzer and it opened okay. There were many date errors shown as unrecognised date format or error parsing date e.g. 1829 APPROX, MAR Q, 1843 OR 1845, FEB 1909 or MAR 1909.
On the Load Gedcom tab it states also:
Found 1 census facts in GEDCOM File.
Found 0 residence facts in GEDCOM File
I have entered many census and residence facts but I should have entered the details using the actual fact type for census and residence details at the time of entry but instead I added all the details under notes or research log!
I did create a Fact Type for Lost Cousins as:
Name: Lost Cousins
Abbrev: Lost Cousins
Fact type: Personal
Use
Date: No
Place: No
Description: No
Include
GEDCOM: Yes
Websites: Yes
Group sheets: Yes
Narrative reports: Yes
Individual summary: Yes
Lists: Yes
Sentence template:
To be quite honest - I did not have any instructions on how to do this on Roots Magic when using FT Analyzer so it was all trial and error but it was accepted as a fact type in Roots Magic. However, when I added this Lost Cousins fact type to individuals on my family tree who had been entered as ancestors e.g. on 1841 census on Lost Cousins website account they did not show up as being connected in any way or entered on Lost Cousins on the FT Analyzer Census tab or Lost Cousins Census Report for 1841 or any census year so it seems that my fact type is not being correlated to my Lost Cousins ancestor entries at all. Any advice on how I can remedy this would be much appreciated as I think the FT Analyzer software is a brilliant genealogy analysis tool and just what I was looking for!