Looking good. The GenoPro duplicated a tag on the front page so I tided that up. An excellent start though good work, thanks.
178 records with 57 families, with plenty of red coloured direct ancestors, but also quite a lot of black coloured Blood relatives, and 3 Married to Direct/Blood results.
Repeating the search, same census, but with just Blood relatives ticked, shows Blood relatives and Married to Direct/Blood results
Repeating with just Married to Blood or Direct ticked, shows Married to Blood/Direct as well as By Marriage results.
Repeating with just Related by Marriage ticked produces only Related by marriage results, as does Unknown only produces Unknown results
Repeating the search, same census, but with just Blood relatives ticked, shows Blood relatives and Married to Direct/Blood results
Repeating with just Married to Blood or Direct ticked, shows Married to Blood/Direct as well as By Marriage results.
Repeating with just Related by Marriage ticked produces only Related by marriage results, as does Unknown only produces Unknown results
One bit of feedback that surprised me is that I saw in the Direct Ancestors report, the Ahnentafel numbers of 13954 & 13955 - these are my 11th great grandparents and were born in the late 1500's (I don't have dates for them, but I do have dates for their daughter who was born 1600), I also have Ahnentafel numbers of 888 & 889 (7th great grandparents, no dates for them yet except marriage, but they were married in 1743)
Could an automatic filter be put in place, based on Ahnentafel numbering, to help eliminate these obviously not possible census results?
It is doing that, and if that is what it's meant to do great, it's just I interpreted the "Direct Ancestors" to mean just that, only those in my direct line and therefore only those with Ahnentafel numbers.
Either way is fine, as long as it's working the way it's intended.
Hmm its a bug. A rather annoying bug. The initial filter is on the family and so it picks up any family that meets the criteria. It then filters out individuals based on Age, Location but it should filter individuals based on everything you specified.
Bugs that can't be fixed are called Special Features![]()
Good point, I was doing that at one stage but found that because I was making the assumption that the child I has was the eldest child and assigning an approximate About Birth Year for the parents, that I was missing out on a lot of places to check and search because my known child was in fact one of the younger children and the birth year was sometime 10-15 years wrong. So I switched to leaving it blank, but using a Before Birth Year would help both situaions I think.My own solution to the problem is I always use the extra GEDCOM date formats. So for instance for the born in late 1500s you could just record a birth as BEF 1600 rather than leaving it blank. Since the daughter was born 1600 you might even say BEF 1588 (assuming at least 12 at time of child born) (or whatever min age you want to use). The program would then know that the max death date was 1710 thus they couldn't be on a census.
Could the Direct Ancestor filter be based on the Ahnentafel number only?Hmm its a bug. A rather annoying bug. The initial filter is on the family and so it picks up any family that meets the criteria. It then filters out individuals based on Age, Location but it should filter individuals based on everything you specified.