• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

FTAnalyzer latest version will not install

  • Thread starter Thread starter At home in NZ
  • Start date Start date
Keep checking. I have been running v7.7.1.0 from an automatic update a couple of days ago.
I am sure that Alexander will give the definitive answer but I would expect multiple instances to run independently without interference.
Not entirely sure they would share settings and registry entries so may interfere with each other but not to any notable extent.

The most common cause of the spouse gender issue is a save issue in FTM where it saves the wrong gender. As has been said manually changing it and changing it back seems to fix the problem. It's down to how FTM writes out the gender in the GEDCOM file which of course is what FTAnalyzer uses to check the data.
 
Well given Windows 7 is officially dead and I only now need to support Windows 10 (yes there's 8.0 and 8.1 but to be honest they are so horrendously bad I cannot for a minute imagine why anyone running them wouldn't this instant upgrade to Windows 10 for FREE) so I decided to see if I could get the app to run on the Windows 10 Store.

Apologies for coming to this thread very late. I use Win7Pro 32bit in a VMWare Workstation Player box running within W10 64bit to accommodate several important legacy programs that I would not otherwise be able to use. I was part-way through the upgrade before hitting the warning, so I consulted the forum to discover the problem. Should I now scrap everything and accept that I will not be able to use FTA?
 
Back
Top