• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

FTAnalyzer 5.0.0.0-beta14

I have downloaded Beta 12 but can't remember what I did with previous Beta versions. Such a long time ago.
Is that documented somewhere? I couldn't find it.
Do I need to uninstall the existing version now that there is a new certificate? Where do I unpack the download and where do I place required elements? Do I need to do anything to preserve existing files? etc

The beta can go in any directory. Simply unzip it to whatever directory you like and click the .exe file to run. The certificate is only used for the live installer it isn't actually present in the code for the beta.
 
Last edited:
Alexander, would it be possible to filter out census facts or have the option to just show BMDs ? It's great to have World and census etc. events, but can be a big list to scan when just trying to pick out birthdays, for example.
Beta 14 no longer includes census facts. There are plenty of reports for census facts on the census tab and they are all filtered by date so its overkill showing them on the "On This Day" tab. It just so happens that early April coincides with the census anniversaries.
 
I had to do a bit of trial and error, but eventually realised I would have to download it as a separate file to my existing FTA program, I presume because it is 'beta' and does not automatically update the existing.
Yes the beta doesn't interfere with the "live" version. I'd hope to release a live version very soon.
 
Yes the beta doesn't interfere with the "live" version.

That is what I was trying to determine with my earlier enquiry. I have now used Beta 12 and most changes seem to be working well and as expected.

Regarding "On This Day", I may wish to request further inclusions/exclusions and sorting but need more experience first. Too much output is difficult to take in.

The double click for extra colours in the Census Colour Report is good and I am finding it VERY useful.

One area that does not seem to be working, at least for me, is the "auto creation of census events from Notes". I have yet to see any such events although I have an enormous number of Notes for potential event creation. Where do I get the notification(s)?
Associated with the count of Census/LostCousins facts on the Lost Cousins tab, which is still the wrong way round, I cannot see where the error message is refering to . . .

LostCousins fact with no Lost Cousins census country : 1

Clicking the "Lost Cousins with No Country" button shows one individual which has no census record in the Gedcom file. Perhaps a census fact has been generated, without notification, but then where are all the others? There should be more than just a count of 1.
 
I've released v5.0.0.0 as a full public release. As feared it WILL require users to uninstall the old version and then download the new.

On the created census facts they will have a type of "Census (FTAnalyzer)" which you can view in the facts tab. If its failing to find census entries in the notes it must be the way you have stored the census reference. Can you advise me of an example from your file of a note you expected to be identified but wasn't.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ian
OK. The Facts Report of v5.0.0.1 does show that a fact has been created from the note containing . . .

1881 census - Piece 1126, Folio 114, Page 11 - living at Cottage in rear, Union Main Road, Westhampnett, Sussex.

However, the Colour Census Report still shows Orange - "Lost Cousins flagged but no Census entered".

I normally create notes like the above for all census entries found as that is much quicker to create and copy to other household members than to create full census details in the many separate fields within GenoPro. I then use these notes to enter the full details later 'when I have time'. I do not enter the country name in the note unless it is NOT England.
 
Last edited:
Can you email me a GEDCOM with that individual so I can check it please. I suspect the colour census report issue might be down to the fact its a created census record and for some reason its not recognising it as a "real" census record.

You also suggested you expected a lot more created census entries. Do you also have an example of someone's notes who didn't create a census entry so I can work out why it didn't recognise the census reference. I'm assuming the format of the reference is same/similar?

Note I don't look for locations in the notes so it gets set as "Scotland" or "England & Wales", "US" etc.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top