Davean
LostCousins Member
I've been using FT Analyzer for several years, and have found it very useful - it's helped me to identify lots of gaps!
In the past I've laboriously added LC 'events' to my GEDCOM file via Family Historian. After a lengthy sabbatical from family history in general, I was therefore pleased to see that there is now an option in FTA to update my GEDCOM directly from the Lost Cousins website. However, when I try to do this I get the message 'Unable to login to Lost Cousins website. Check email/password and try again'. I have checked them several times, without success (including logging onto LC with my email and password copied and pasted from FTA).
I am using Windows 10. My firewall is Norton 360, and allows FTA internet access under 'Program Control'. I even tried disabling the firewall briefly, but that didn't help. My LC password is 10 characters long.
I notice that someone else reported a similar problem on the Github FTA forum (Bug #154). In that case, their LC password was apparently too long, but that doesn't appear to apply to me.
Can anyone suggest anything else I can try, please?! (E.g. under App and Browser control in Windows' Settings?)
Thanks, David
In the past I've laboriously added LC 'events' to my GEDCOM file via Family Historian. After a lengthy sabbatical from family history in general, I was therefore pleased to see that there is now an option in FTA to update my GEDCOM directly from the Lost Cousins website. However, when I try to do this I get the message 'Unable to login to Lost Cousins website. Check email/password and try again'. I have checked them several times, without success (including logging onto LC with my email and password copied and pasted from FTA).
I am using Windows 10. My firewall is Norton 360, and allows FTA internet access under 'Program Control'. I even tried disabling the firewall briefly, but that didn't help. My LC password is 10 characters long.
I notice that someone else reported a similar problem on the Github FTA forum (Bug #154). In that case, their LC password was apparently too long, but that doesn't appear to apply to me.
Can anyone suggest anything else I can try, please?! (E.g. under App and Browser control in Windows' Settings?)
Thanks, David