• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

From Remembrance to Thanksgiving

Stephen L

LostCousins Member
Another one with free access for this weekend until Sunday 13th September - Fold 3

I am interested in WWI Pension Ledgers and Index Cards, 1914-1923 and have just got the image I wanted. A 2 x great aunt received a pension as the "guardian" of the deceased soldier's child. She was the mother of the illegitimate son. I found the record on Ancestry but have taken advantage of this free access to get the image of the document.
I don't know what else on Fold 3 is unique to the site but probably some of their records are.
 
I would like to clarify, the pension ledgers and index cards are for the UK. Fold3 is not all about USA, it also includes NZ, OZ and Canada. I have a the subscription along with my Ancestry sub which allows you to attach the records in Fold3 to your Ancestry tree.
Even so, Fold3 as a stand alone is well worth a look.
 
Back
Top