• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Free Online Cemetery Databases

Emmyw

LostCousins Member
I have started an exercise, which if the people who matter are in agreement, could be extended by others adding the bits they know, after it was split up into the correct counties. It is a list of Free Online Cemetery Databases - England. A lot more work to do yet, but I won't bother unless there is a demand for it. I know I would love one for myself, but it may be that there is something online already that I haven't found yet!! This doesn't include any of the global ones, such as Interment.net, findagrave, deceasedonline, etc. A similar exercise for Wales, Scotland and Ireland might also be an idea!!


CHESHIRE

Warrington Borough Council

DURHAM

Darlington Historical Society - Darlington West Cemetery

Stockton on Tees Borough Council – Stockton Roots Family History Online

HAMPSHIRE

Eastleigh Borough Council – From 1901 – Online database

Fareham Borough Council – Cemetery Record Search

ISLE OF WIGHT

Ryde Social Heritage Group – Ryde Cemetery Grave Record Search

KENT

Northwest Kent Family History Society – Ladywell and Brockley Cemetery

LANCASHIRE

Liverpool - Toxteth Park Cemetery

Liverpool - St James Cemetery - A Local History Web Site designed and maintained by Mike Faulkner with the help and support of the friends of St James'

Manchester City Council Online Burial Records – Index free – Pay for view for details

Tameside Metropolitan Borough – currently unavailable due to maintenance

LONDON

Abney Park Cemetery – London - Hackney – Stoke Newington – Dalston

Kingston Upon Thames

London Borough of Lambeth – West Norwood Cemetery database

Richmond Upon Thames

Uxbridge Library - Uxbridge and Area Cemetery Project

SUFFOLK

Waveney District Council

SURREY

Epsom and Ewell History Explorer - Horton Cemetery Burials 1902 to 1955

Epsom and Ewell History Explorer - Epsom Cemetery Burials 1871 to 1950

WARWICKSHIRE

Shakespeare Birthplace Trust – Stratford-upon-Avon Cemetery

YORKSHIRE

Sheffield Indexers

Wakefield Council - Burial and Cremation Online Record Search
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great post Emmyw. I'll add a couple that I know of later. Will they be added/copied to the relevent resources sections ....admin?
 
Back
Top