Kate
LostCousins Member
Hello, perhaps someone with more knowledge than I have could help, please? I have a match of 32 cM across 2 segments on my maternal side. This lady is my 4 cousin 1 removed. We both researched our trees independently and I have known of her for some years.
When I looked at shared matches, she matches 51cM with a lady on my paternal side, also a fourth cousin. This family came from Kent, whereas my other family are from Suffolk and Norfolk.
Should I just think of it as a glitch in the DNA test results, as if it was 20cM or below I would have ignored it?
Or is it worth digging around on my Suffolk lady's father's side to find a link with my Kent family.
I hope this is clear and that someone can reply in simple language that even I can understand. I have asked her and as yet she is not aware of a connection. Thank you!
When I looked at shared matches, she matches 51cM with a lady on my paternal side, also a fourth cousin. This family came from Kent, whereas my other family are from Suffolk and Norfolk.
Should I just think of it as a glitch in the DNA test results, as if it was 20cM or below I would have ignored it?
Or is it worth digging around on my Suffolk lady's father's side to find a link with my Kent family.
I hope this is clear and that someone can reply in simple language that even I can understand. I have asked her and as yet she is not aware of a connection. Thank you!