• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Footguard in Napoleonic war

Kate

LostCousins Member
Hello, my ancestor, 4 x great grand father, was apparently a footguard in the Napoleonic war. I believe I found this reference on findmypast. Does anyone know how to find out more? Even just general info. I was reminded of it when reading the latest newsletter this morning. Thanks
 
I suggest you find the record again and use the information in the record to search for general information about the regiment he was in. Whether you found that record at Findmypast or Ancestry you should search at the other site - even though they appear to have digitized the same records there are often differences.

If he served in the Napoleonic Wars he may have been awarded a campaign medal, with bars for each of the major battles in which he was involved. If I remember rightly, Findmypast has a transcription but Ancestry has images.
 
Back
Top