• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

FMP Gone down? Sat pm UK time

A. Muse

LostCousins Member
Anyone else having problems getting results from FMP?

I can access the search pages but only get a 'Sorry...' message after the engine has been searching for a long while.

Yes my subs are up to date!
 
Yes, I had the same problem earlier this afternoon so I logged out. When I logged in again a couple of hours later everything was fine.
 
FMP is having problems again. For the last couple of weeks I have sometimes been getting Error 500 when I try to look at an image or a transcription. Searching seemed all right, but I could go no further. My subscription is up to date.
This was a bit of a nuisance, but if I waited a while and tried again I could usually get in. Now for the past 2 days I get Error 500 every time I try to get beyond the search. So annoying, because I can see the links that should lead to the records I would like to look at.
Maybe they are working on the website preparing for the 2021 census? It's very annoying though.
 
I've had that error many times over the past 24 hours, presumably because so people are visiting the site to find out about the 1921 Census. However refreshing the page (rather than following the on-screen advice) has cleared the problem in every case so far.
 
I've just had 'Sorry - refresh the page' when I looked at my family tree.
I refreshed the page and all was OK
 
I notice that Findmypast have acknowledged that they have a problem.

"We’re aware of some intermittent issues at the moment
The site may be running a little slower than usual and you may be receiving some error messages. Bear with us – we’re working on this."
 
I notice that Findmypast have acknowledged that they have a problem.

"We’re aware of some intermittent issues at the moment
The site may be running a little slower than usual and you may be receiving some error messages. Bear with us – we’re working on this."
That's the message I was getting earlier, which I cleared by refreshing the page - I think it's a standard message displayed when the servers are busy.

Still no problems here. Maybe you're using Firefox?
 
I am using Chrome, but I am still getting Error 500 most times. The other times I get a different error message for a change. Refreshing does not help, neither does closing Chrome and starting again. Trying yet again.
Ah - for the first time in 48 hours, I have just got in and seen an image! Long may it last.
 
Back
Top