canadianbeth
LostCousins Star
In the previous newsletter it was asked if we had any first cousins marrying in our trees. I was pretty sure my husband did so just checked and found two occasions where first cousins married. Ellen McKeage married David Stevens in 1885 - they had five children, two of whom did not marry and one died in infancy. One died in 1942 in Hong Kong and I have no further information on him. The two married. One had four children and there are children and grandchildren from those - I expect that a lot of little Stevens' running around are distantly related. LOL
The other cousins were Robert Stevens and Susannah McKeage, married in 1873; they had seven children and I have no further information on any of them.
Most of these families - McKeage, Stevens, Suitors, etc., emigrated from Ireland in the early-to-mid 1800's and settled in the same parts of Quebec; I find their names many times in my husband's tree. Now a lot of the McKeage's, (although one branch slightly changed the spelling of the surname) Stevens' and Suitors are here in southern Alberta
The other cousins were Robert Stevens and Susannah McKeage, married in 1873; they had seven children and I have no further information on any of them.
Most of these families - McKeage, Stevens, Suitors, etc., emigrated from Ireland in the early-to-mid 1800's and settled in the same parts of Quebec; I find their names many times in my husband's tree. Now a lot of the McKeage's, (although one branch slightly changed the spelling of the surname) Stevens' and Suitors are here in southern Alberta