• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Findmypast Open Access weekend 18th-21st October

peter

Administrator
Staff member
I've just noticed that ALL of the censuses from 1841-1911 (1901 in the case of Scotland) are currently free. But this isn't what I was expecting so it may not last....
 
I can't work this out: I clicked on the link provided for Australia (which is where I reside) and instead of getting a page from which I can access WWI records, I got a page inviting me to enter a competition for which the prize is a subscription to FMP (which I already have.)
At any rate, I don't suppose I need to use the link as my subscription os to findmypast.co.uk
Does this mean they detected this fact and so directed me to a different page???
Barrie
 
There is a competition which is designed to encourage new users to explore the free records. As you have a subscription the free access weekend is irrelevant - I have to log-out of my usual account and into another one I use for testing purposes in order to see what's free and what isn't.
 
peter said: "As you have a subscription the free access weekend is irrelevant" True, and I've found the sum total of what remains of my grandfather's WWI army record, his Medal Roll Index card in two recensions, which added two dates (and his Soldier's numbers) to what I already knew, plus the fact that he was in the King's Royal Rifles first, and the Northamptonshire Regiment second. I'd always thought it was the other way round, so I have to compare his Embarcation date with the activities on the Somme, as that Regiment was absolutely decimated in the early days on the Somme.
 
Back
Top