Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
Have a go at this for a bit of a Genealogical puzzle that had me baffled a year or two back. I resolved the matter in the end but it is a lovely illustration of not believing everything you read when searching BMD records. Here is what I began with.
I wanted to trace a Jack Abbott marrying a Eunice somebody or other in Derbyshire; in or around Chesterfield as a cousin recalls visiting them (her aunt and uncle) in the 1950’s with her parents. She thought Uncle Jack was a similar age to her mother born 1903, give or take 2-3 years. We had no idea on Eunice or a maiden name. I began my search for a marriage using the late 1920’s to mid-1930’s which proved to be the right period.
It is a long way off being a ‘brick wall’ but you need to be flexible in interpreting the records. See how you get on.
I wanted to trace a Jack Abbott marrying a Eunice somebody or other in Derbyshire; in or around Chesterfield as a cousin recalls visiting them (her aunt and uncle) in the 1950’s with her parents. She thought Uncle Jack was a similar age to her mother born 1903, give or take 2-3 years. We had no idea on Eunice or a maiden name. I began my search for a marriage using the late 1920’s to mid-1930’s which proved to be the right period.
It is a long way off being a ‘brick wall’ but you need to be flexible in interpreting the records. See how you get on.