cfbandit
LostCousins Member
Peter's masterclasses have been SUPER helpful to me and the users of this forum have given me great advice in the past, so I thought I would ask about something I'm really stumped on.
I have a family patriarch, Daniel Graves of New York (1794-?). He appears on a couple censuses in New York (1830/1840/1850). He's a mystery man and I've been digging into him for years upon years.
Which brings me to the point of my message - on the 1830 census (I *can't* believe I missed this for so many years!) there is a Walter Graves on the same page as him in Cayuga Co, New York. There's no mention of Walter anywhere in extant records aside from his 1820 and 1830 censuses in Cayuga, and I suspect I may have a brother or close family associate of my Daniel.
The lone reference to a Walter Graves of Auburn, Cayuga, NY online is an OLD Genforum posting from way back in 2002, with no answers and the posters e-mail address hidden.
So my question to the wise forum users here is - what would you guys do next to try and find this descendant or her associated descendants to see if I can find more out about her Walter Graves?
I have a family patriarch, Daniel Graves of New York (1794-?). He appears on a couple censuses in New York (1830/1840/1850). He's a mystery man and I've been digging into him for years upon years.
Which brings me to the point of my message - on the 1830 census (I *can't* believe I missed this for so many years!) there is a Walter Graves on the same page as him in Cayuga Co, New York. There's no mention of Walter anywhere in extant records aside from his 1820 and 1830 censuses in Cayuga, and I suspect I may have a brother or close family associate of my Daniel.
The lone reference to a Walter Graves of Auburn, Cayuga, NY online is an OLD Genforum posting from way back in 2002, with no answers and the posters e-mail address hidden.
So my question to the wise forum users here is - what would you guys do next to try and find this descendant or her associated descendants to see if I can find more out about her Walter Graves?