Carla
LostCousins Star
I wonder if anyone can help? Most of my father's maternal line lived and died in Wiltshire, but out of the blue, and after much hunting, I found one of my ancestors William King had gone to Comtyther, (Llansanffraid Cwmteuddwr) Radnorshire, in Wales. There he married a Mary Chedzoy in 1803 and three of their children were born in that village. They did come back to Alvediston in Wiltshire because their fourth child was born there. I know all this information because a very lovely lady in the Powys record centre was obviously bored on the day i phoned and found the records and sent them to me in an email!
I have had no problem with finding information about the King side but Mary Chedzoy is proving to be hard to find anything about. I do wonder why she went to Wales as the the 1851 census states she was born about 1776 in Spaxton, Somerset. I have hunted and hunted in lots of Somerset records but unfortunately, without knowing her father's name, i just cannot pinpoint her! There are also lots of variations on the Chedzoy surname. Any ideas would be fantastic as i would love to find out more about her. I have hit a mental block ......
I have had no problem with finding information about the King side but Mary Chedzoy is proving to be hard to find anything about. I do wonder why she went to Wales as the the 1851 census states she was born about 1776 in Spaxton, Somerset. I have hunted and hunted in lots of Somerset records but unfortunately, without knowing her father's name, i just cannot pinpoint her! There are also lots of variations on the Chedzoy surname. Any ideas would be fantastic as i would love to find out more about her. I have hit a mental block ......