• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Find Property

SLJ

LostCousins Member
Where can I search to find where a property is from the 1939 register is today?(assuming it still stands)
 
Hi Tim, Yes have tried google maps, unfortunately the village doesn't exist any more. All I have is a picture from family album with house name and the entry from the 1939 register. The village of Raisthorpe with Burdale does appear on old maps but only one dwelling that I can identify and that is Raisthorpe manor . There used to be cottages near the Burdale Tunnels, but no longer there.
 
Thanks to both, Tim and MaryL. I'm beginning to think Holly lodge only became called that around 1931(as dated and named under the photo) and was something else before and after. I have tried cross referencing all properties across census, but as they are never taken in house order not much help and Holly Lodge only appears in 1939.
 
Back
Top