Liberty
LostCousins Megastar
I did appreciate the snippet in the latest NL where Peter said
'....of your living relatives who are 5th cousins or closer, 96% are 4th or 5th cousins, and only 4% are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cousins.'
This explains why practically every relative I have made contact with has been a 5th cousin - there are simply so many more of them!
And I know I am preaching to the converted here, but it has been extremely fruitful to make contact with cousins who 'only' share a set of 4G GPs. The lines where I have made this contact have just blossomed with extra relatives and information about the ones I knew of. AND this has been a two-way street, with me being able to provide info in my turn. AND the combination of two heads and sets of information has produced stuff that neither of us knew before.
Three cheers for fifth cousins!
'....of your living relatives who are 5th cousins or closer, 96% are 4th or 5th cousins, and only 4% are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cousins.'
This explains why practically every relative I have made contact with has been a 5th cousin - there are simply so many more of them!
And I know I am preaching to the converted here, but it has been extremely fruitful to make contact with cousins who 'only' share a set of 4G GPs. The lines where I have made this contact have just blossomed with extra relatives and information about the ones I knew of. AND this has been a two-way street, with me being able to provide info in my turn. AND the combination of two heads and sets of information has produced stuff that neither of us knew before.
Three cheers for fifth cousins!