Thanks for your explanations.
The reason I was asking people to let me know which version they are using is because I feel as though I am being coerced into purchasing FTM2019 but I should make it clear, not by Software McKiev.
I currently use FTM2017 combined with Charting Companion, I use the latter for creating various formats of ancestor and descendant charts
An offer was made for an upgrade and I asked when support for the existing version (6) would cease. I was told the version is obsolete. I thought I should do the right thing and order the latest version (8) when I downloaded that, it wouldn’t work. I was then told it’s not compatible with FTM2017 and I should purchase FTM2019.or I could have the previous version, (7) I paid for that but there is one feature which is not working as it should. I asked for my money back and told them I would revert to version 6 as it was working well for me.
I was advised to look at their policy, part of it:
Software is not a physical thing that you buy & own forever. It is a service that you rent during the time that you use the program. The longer you use the program, the more it has been useful to you, the more value it has delivered. You are getting your money's worth.
When I repeated my request for a refund I got this response:
Most FTM customers have moved on and are using FTM 2019. Charting Companion ver. 7 is frozen, we have converted to a new technology and have standardized on FTM 2019. It is not practical to retrofit CC 8 to FTM 2017 due to the small number of customers using it.
I've looked at the comparisons for
FTM Versions and still cannot justify the expense unless there is something I would really use.
I don't colour code my branches, I have Photo shop and other means of tinkering with photos, I am not interested in sending my data to the heavens as we have a very good back up regime.
In the blurb they mention
Charts & Reports
View and share your discoveries with a variety of colorful family tree charts, such as pedigree, descendant, bowtie and fan charts, and create reports that provide a snapshot of your family tree and help you plan what to research next.
However I can't find any examples of what they look like.
Can FTM2019 produce charts in these formats?
