I use Family Tree Maker to record my family history information. There are many built-in fact categories that I will never use. But "other" I seem to overuse.
For example, my first cousin once removed, played tennis and cricket, and was on the Progress Association, The Returned Servicemen's League and the Road Safety Committee. (I discovered all this from reading old newspapers). This means that, right now, I have 4 Residence facts, two Occupation, 2 Military, 1 Education and 8 others!
I decided to make a fact category called "Sports" because so many of my relatives played sports. Has anyone else done that? Is there any reason not to do so? Alexander, will it upset Family Tree Analyser a lot?
But what of the clubs/associations/groups? What do other members do with these facts?
Looking forward to your views.
For example, my first cousin once removed, played tennis and cricket, and was on the Progress Association, The Returned Servicemen's League and the Road Safety Committee. (I discovered all this from reading old newspapers). This means that, right now, I have 4 Residence facts, two Occupation, 2 Military, 1 Education and 8 others!
I decided to make a fact category called "Sports" because so many of my relatives played sports. Has anyone else done that? Is there any reason not to do so? Alexander, will it upset Family Tree Analyser a lot?
But what of the clubs/associations/groups? What do other members do with these facts?
Looking forward to your views.