LynneWK
Genealogy in the Sunshine 2015
I have inherited our Family Bible started when my grandparent were married 1910. It only contains our family and is in a very poor state. I have recently had a quote of £700 to have it repaired which is way over what I can afford. My dilemma is should I have the minimum amount of repair done. My own children don't think I should spend anything on its repair. However they have dozens of cousins who I'm sure would benefit from having it in a reasonable readable state. It is the only record of their great grandparent lives. My grandfather died shortly after WW1 so none of us knew him at all. Very few people actually read bible stories these days so I am thinking it's not worth repairing the 100 odd torn pages but the leather cover holding it all together might encourage family members to want to own it.
Any suggestions.
Lynne WK
Any suggestions.
Lynne WK
Last edited by a moderator: