• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Essex Record office

CarolB08

LostCousins Member
I seem to remember last year talk of the Essex Record office among others phasing out the Carn ticket in favour of something else. I have just looked on their site as I plan on going over on Wednesday and my Carn ticket ran out last year and it still talks of Carn tickets. Did they phase it out or not ? And if they did what did they replace it with?
I have searched this site to see if this has been mentioned but nothing showed up.
Thank you
Carol.
 
No new CARN tickets are being issued, but some record offices are accepting existing tickets. Some archives have joined the new scheme, many haven't.
 
Well I went over to the ERO today and as I thought they have discontinued the CARN ticket but as yet they have not signed up to any other scheme so they are issuing readers tickets that are only valid for the Essex Record office and are good until 2023 there is no charge for these.
 
Unfortunately a lot of record offices will be making their own arrangements - the new scheme wasn't sufficiently attractive.
 
Back
Top