SueMay
LostCousins Member
Well, if my research is correct, I don't think she was.
This is what I found and would be interested to hear what others think:
Elizabeth Eliza Curtis
1911 census – Margate St John the Baptist, Kent.
Age: 95 (1816), Born: Faversham, Kent
At the moment I haven’t been able to find her on the 1901 census record but I am assuming this is around the time her husband died.
Based on the information of her being born in Faversham, Kent, this is who I think she is…
1891 census – Cheshunt, Edmonton, Hertfordshire
Age: 69 (1822), Born: Waltham Abbey, Essex
Husband: George Curtis, 66 (1825), Gun smith, Cheshunt, Edmonton, Hertfordshire
1881 census – Cheshunt, Edmonton, Hertfordshire
Age: 55 (1826), Born: Faversham, Kent
Husband: George Curtis, 56 (1825), Gun barrel filer, Cheshunt
1871 census – Cheshunt, Edmonton, Hertfordshire
Age: 44 (1825), Born: Faversham, Kent
Husband: George Curtis, 44 (1827), Gunsmith Enfield Factory, Cheshunt
1861 census – Cheshunt, Edmonton, Hertfordshire
Age: 32 (1829), Born: Faversham, Kent
Husband: George Curtis, 36 (1825), Foreman powder making, Cheshunt
1851 census – Waltham Holy Cross, Edmonton, Essex (living with her parents; James O Brian & Mather ???)
Surname: Curtie, Age: 23 (1828), Born: (transcribed as) Teversham, Kent
Husband: George Curtis, 36 (1825), Gun Maker, Cheshunt
Marriage: 8 October 1849, Waltham Holy Cross, Edmonton
Baptism: 18 Dec 1826, Faversham, daughter of James & Martha O’Brien
It does, however, make me wonder why she made herself older. Could it have been to be able to receive a benefit of some sort???
This is what I found and would be interested to hear what others think:
Elizabeth Eliza Curtis
1911 census – Margate St John the Baptist, Kent.
Age: 95 (1816), Born: Faversham, Kent
At the moment I haven’t been able to find her on the 1901 census record but I am assuming this is around the time her husband died.
Based on the information of her being born in Faversham, Kent, this is who I think she is…
1891 census – Cheshunt, Edmonton, Hertfordshire
Age: 69 (1822), Born: Waltham Abbey, Essex
Husband: George Curtis, 66 (1825), Gun smith, Cheshunt, Edmonton, Hertfordshire
1881 census – Cheshunt, Edmonton, Hertfordshire
Age: 55 (1826), Born: Faversham, Kent
Husband: George Curtis, 56 (1825), Gun barrel filer, Cheshunt
1871 census – Cheshunt, Edmonton, Hertfordshire
Age: 44 (1825), Born: Faversham, Kent
Husband: George Curtis, 44 (1827), Gunsmith Enfield Factory, Cheshunt
1861 census – Cheshunt, Edmonton, Hertfordshire
Age: 32 (1829), Born: Faversham, Kent
Husband: George Curtis, 36 (1825), Foreman powder making, Cheshunt
1851 census – Waltham Holy Cross, Edmonton, Essex (living with her parents; James O Brian & Mather ???)
Surname: Curtie, Age: 23 (1828), Born: (transcribed as) Teversham, Kent
Husband: George Curtis, 36 (1825), Gun Maker, Cheshunt
Marriage: 8 October 1849, Waltham Holy Cross, Edmonton
Baptism: 18 Dec 1826, Faversham, daughter of James & Martha O’Brien
It does, however, make me wonder why she made herself older. Could it have been to be able to receive a benefit of some sort???