• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

E-Bay

Emma

Member
On my e-bay account I "watch" for anything relating to the particular village I am interested in and as a result have obtained several postcards. Today I searched for another village of interest and was amazed to see photographs of individual headstones from the Church graveyard available at the cost of £7.99 each. Out of interest I subsequently tried searching for the village name + one of the names I could read on a headstone but that produced no results. Don't know how prevalent this is on e-bay but it could be of interest to those outside the UK.
 
Some sites (I'm thinking TradeMe, the e-bay equivalent in New Zealand) allow you to have 'saved searches' or 'favourites' that email you when a new item of interest (matching your search terms) is listed. The best item I've got is a jigsaw puzzle of the house built by my 3xgreat-grandfather, although I must admit I've never made up the puzzle! I had seen one before and always kicked myself for not buying it, so I'm pleased to have got a second chance.
 
Back
Top