• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Dutch and Belgian records

peter

Administrator
Staff member
The Dutch site openarchives has been recommended, but as my only Belgian (Walloon) ancestor arrived in England in the mid-1500s I'm not in a good position to try it out.

Does anyone else have any experience of this site ? I'm wary of mentioning a site in the newsletter which I haven't been able to properly evaluate myself (though I was impressed by what I saw).
 
Yes, I have used this website extensively and found it very good. In fact it's open in my browser right now and I've found a great deal of very useful info, especially where scans of the original image are available. I'd definitely add my recommendation.
 
The scans are pretty good - I just got to look up the death register entry for my 101 year old 5x great grandfather... the only problem is, I can't read Dutch and only recognise his name!
 
Back
Top