Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
I thought it appropriate to post under this 'Do you still print on paper' heading to say I have spent the best part of an afternoon, going through two boxes of Family History Memorabilia looking for some map print outs of 19th Century Worcester (the city not the county). I knew I had them somewhere, but they were not in my indexed files. They were kindly sent to me by a lady (herself a very knowledgeable Worcester historian and at the time a Cathedral guide) in 2013/2014 when I was researching my Witts family line. She also shared a part of my Tree with her Reeves/Witts connection.
After a disappointing online search using Google I could not replicate the detail I knew I once had - painstakingly photocopied from Worcester archives - so I decided to bite the bullet and go back into my "assorted" paperwork which I had never got round to digitising. Yes you've guess what I am about to say, before discovering the maps with great delight, I spent three quarters of my allotted time examining miscellaneous paperwork entirely unconnected to me search criterion. But what bliss, finding stuff long forgotten, (and soon no doubt will be again). But meanwhile I retained paperwork to go over again at my leisure. I also promised myself - please do not laugh - that I would take time out to put it in better order, reduce it down (?) or add to indexed files. So that work is now on my bucket list and whoopee for print outs.
After a disappointing online search using Google I could not replicate the detail I knew I once had - painstakingly photocopied from Worcester archives - so I decided to bite the bullet and go back into my "assorted" paperwork which I had never got round to digitising. Yes you've guess what I am about to say, before discovering the maps with great delight, I spent three quarters of my allotted time examining miscellaneous paperwork entirely unconnected to me search criterion. But what bliss, finding stuff long forgotten, (and soon no doubt will be again). But meanwhile I retained paperwork to go over again at my leisure. I also promised myself - please do not laugh - that I would take time out to put it in better order, reduce it down (?) or add to indexed files. So that work is now on my bucket list and whoopee for print outs.