Fern49
LostCousins Star
I have gone back 7 generations in a few cases, interestingly you mention India. My g/g/grandfather served in the West Indies, where 2 of their family were born, Ann (wife) remarried in 1848 in England. I have sent away for the marriage certificate of the 2nd marriage from GRO hoping it will tell me whether she was a widow at the time of the marriage or ? that was a month ago, unfortunately GRO wouldn't email it, I have emailed them as to when it was posted, but no reply. Very frustrating.It depends how far you've gone back on each line - if you've gone back (say) 7 generations on each of your 128 lines then you're not going to make any surprising discoveries. But if your great-great grandfather was out in India, and there's a rumour that his wife (your great-great grandmother) was partly Indian, then this might well show up.