Britjan
LostCousins Star
Has anybody delved into this other facet of DNA testing and can they provide some feedback?
On my own behalf I'd like to know a bit more about where I came from apart from England and Ireland.
My two daughters have some Canadian aboriginal heritage likely from the bands that were forced to settle in quite narrow areas of Ontario around the start of the 19th century. My grandson also possibly has some aboriginal heritage from his Newfoundland roots as well. Like many other heritage issues the aboriginal one draws a lot of "wannabees" particularly in Canada where there is some reparation for past mistreatment. That's not an outcome that interests us at all although we continue to learn about the extent of that mistreatment.
On my own behalf I'd like to know a bit more about where I came from apart from England and Ireland.
My two daughters have some Canadian aboriginal heritage likely from the bands that were forced to settle in quite narrow areas of Ontario around the start of the 19th century. My grandson also possibly has some aboriginal heritage from his Newfoundland roots as well. Like many other heritage issues the aboriginal one draws a lot of "wannabees" particularly in Canada where there is some reparation for past mistreatment. That's not an outcome that interests us at all although we continue to learn about the extent of that mistreatment.