mowsehowse
LostCousins Member
Hello. I have always felt that I would not gain much from DNA testing.
I know my heritage is entirely from central Europe, and having managed to trace back to 4 x great grand parents, I am aware that my people came from all over Germany, Poland, Hungary and Switzerland, and I know I have many cousins all over Europe.
I have always assumed testing couldn't prove much more.
However, I do have an unusual minority blood group, which I have been told by an NHS nurse, indicates "Gypsy, Native Indian (Blackfoot or Crow,) or Polynesian" lineage.
I might insert here that both parents are dead and neither sibling shares blood group.
Recently when talking about this with friends, I was challenged to take a DNA test to learn more about the origin of my blood group. BUT, would a DNA test actually solve that riddle?
I would be glad of thoughts on this, and am hoping for a definitive answer. Many thanks.
I know my heritage is entirely from central Europe, and having managed to trace back to 4 x great grand parents, I am aware that my people came from all over Germany, Poland, Hungary and Switzerland, and I know I have many cousins all over Europe.
I have always assumed testing couldn't prove much more.
However, I do have an unusual minority blood group, which I have been told by an NHS nurse, indicates "Gypsy, Native Indian (Blackfoot or Crow,) or Polynesian" lineage.
I might insert here that both parents are dead and neither sibling shares blood group.
Recently when talking about this with friends, I was challenged to take a DNA test to learn more about the origin of my blood group. BUT, would a DNA test actually solve that riddle?
I would be glad of thoughts on this, and am hoping for a definitive answer. Many thanks.