Am I missing something? The My Details page is only accessible to me on entering my password, so how can anybody else see it?Provided you update your My Details page to indicate that you have taken an autosomal DNA test, as Tim has already suggested, your cousins will know
Am I missing something? The My Details page is only accessible to me on entering my password, so how can anybody else see it?
I still don't get it because there isn't anywhere I can see if any of the people in the list of my relatives has taken a DNA test.that fact will be displayed against your name in the Cousins section of My Cousins page for any member that is matched with you.
I still don't get it because there isn't anywhere I can see if any of the people in the list of my relatives has taken a DNA test.
Maybe it's because I haven't taken a DNA test myself??
It doesn't make any difference whether you have tested - the information is still displayed, provided your cousins have recorded it on their My Details page.I still don't get it because there isn't anywhere I can see if any of the people in the list of my relatives has taken a DNA test. Maybe it's because I haven't taken a DNA test myself??
I don't think adding a ? will make much difference as there is already a heading for the DNA column, but next time I'm editing the code I'll see how easy it would be to implement. I'm not sure what the intent of your suggested Help item is - the person who sees the ? won't be the person who can edit it.Suggestion for Peter . . .
1. Make the default value in the DNA column "?", so that something gets displayed for each cousin. Also add item in Help to request each member to update the "?", and how to do that.
2. Display the member's value, possibly above the column heading? (If any cousins are listed.)
As Peter said, I don't have any Cousins. I have a list of Relatives and one of them is my 6th cousin, how do I make that person a cousin?It's displayed on the My Cousins Tab.
See above.how do I make that person a cousin
This is what's above:See above.
I never even thought about asking any of my Matched people to join, I didn't know I should and in any case how do I know whether they aren't already a member? (I had assumed they all are).It's unusual not to have any Cousins at all as most active members have invited known cousins to join.
I don't know who you're referring to when you talk about 'Matched people' but I'll assume you're referring to DNA matches. What I was primarily suggesting was inviting cousins you already know from previous records-based research to join LostCousins, but by all means invite your DNA cousins to join as well, provided they're keen researchers (there's no point inviting someone who tested their DNA just for a bit of fun, as many people seem to have done).I never even thought about asking any of my Matched people to join, I didn't know I should and in any case how do I know whether they aren't already a member? (I had assumed they all are).
the person who sees the ? won't be the person who can edit it.
What do you mean by the member's value?