VTinOZ
Member
My Ancestry results have arrived, so now starts the processing & of course I looked & thought why can't I ...
See how many matches there are. Where do they hide that?
Order the matches to suit me. I can see sort by relationship or date & filters Hints, New & Starred. Well that seemed straight forward, some have hints, they're all new, nothing is starred. Have to start somewhere so click on a view match to see what it shows, oh ok no family tree means send a message, well will come back to those later... hmm, 'tis no longer new so where has it gone & how do I find it again in the x number of pages. Nothing seems to say the number of pages there are? OK next page, all no family tree, hmm how do I send the no family tree ones to the end?
Are there any other ways to sort?
So far the search by birthplace seems the best way to start, & finding Peter's masterclass again because I don't remember what it said.
& now to my small dilemma... I have a tree on Ancestry, it is private because a number of family members would only agree to be included if it was, but it seems I need a public tree to best utilize what Ancestry offers.
Do I need to make a new tree, leaving out all the sources & photos & certificates etc. & the people who will object to it being public?
Opinions please...
See how many matches there are. Where do they hide that?
Order the matches to suit me. I can see sort by relationship or date & filters Hints, New & Starred. Well that seemed straight forward, some have hints, they're all new, nothing is starred. Have to start somewhere so click on a view match to see what it shows, oh ok no family tree means send a message, well will come back to those later... hmm, 'tis no longer new so where has it gone & how do I find it again in the x number of pages. Nothing seems to say the number of pages there are? OK next page, all no family tree, hmm how do I send the no family tree ones to the end?
Are there any other ways to sort?
So far the search by birthplace seems the best way to start, & finding Peter's masterclass again because I don't remember what it said.
& now to my small dilemma... I have a tree on Ancestry, it is private because a number of family members would only agree to be included if it was, but it seems I need a public tree to best utilize what Ancestry offers.
Do I need to make a new tree, leaving out all the sources & photos & certificates etc. & the people who will object to it being public?
Opinions please...