Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
I may be a seasoned researcher of the old school (that is a matter of opinion) but an admitted novice in DNA testing. So perhaps a silly question which I am sure others can answer.
I received my Ancestry test results back in the early Autumn and with them I must have been provided with an Ancestry Kit number. I cannot recall when (or how) I received the number but when later registering with GEDMatch and uploading a Gedcom, I was asked to provide a 'DNA Kit number' unless revealed by clicking on a drop-down box'. To my joy a Kit number was revealed so all was well; apart from trying to understand what it all meant - but I am working on that.
Now three months later my wife has just received her own results, which I am processing and have begun to explore her Ancestry Shared Matches. However, thinking ahead, I decided to register her results with GEDMatch. All went well until I was asked to provide a DNA Kit number; BUT this time no drop down box! So as before I have no idea where to find the Kit number and 'online Ancestry Help' seem not to understand the question.
As I said, probably a silly question but rather than go round in circles I would esteem it a great favour if someone will put me out of my misery and tell me where such information can be found.
I received my Ancestry test results back in the early Autumn and with them I must have been provided with an Ancestry Kit number. I cannot recall when (or how) I received the number but when later registering with GEDMatch and uploading a Gedcom, I was asked to provide a 'DNA Kit number' unless revealed by clicking on a drop-down box'. To my joy a Kit number was revealed so all was well; apart from trying to understand what it all meant - but I am working on that.
Now three months later my wife has just received her own results, which I am processing and have begun to explore her Ancestry Shared Matches. However, thinking ahead, I decided to register her results with GEDMatch. All went well until I was asked to provide a DNA Kit number; BUT this time no drop down box! So as before I have no idea where to find the Kit number and 'online Ancestry Help' seem not to understand the question.
As I said, probably a silly question but rather than go round in circles I would esteem it a great favour if someone will put me out of my misery and tell me where such information can be found.