canadianbeth
LostCousins Star
I know that getting DNA done for ethnicity reasons alone is a waste of money and not necessarily correct anyway, but this latest update has me scratching my head. Previously it had me as predominately English, which is correct; in fact, I can find nothing to show that my ancestors came from anywhere else other than England or Wales. So giving me a little Irish, Sweden and Norway was always a stretch. But this time they have given me 25% Scotland! and dropped the England and Northwestern Europe to 63%. Still 4% Irish, 3, 3 and 2 for Germanic Europe, Norway and Sweden. Oh, and Southwestern Ontario settlers, but no percentages for those, just a few names, which I already knew. A few names for the English areas but none for the other countries. I expect those unknowns, if even correct, are possibly connected to my paternal grandfather, whose name I do not know and expect not to ever know.