• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

DNA Detectives

palfamily

LostCousins Member
Shortly after I first had my DNA test with Ancestry I had a contact from someone who was trying to find the birth parents of a baby found abandoned in London in 1942. It is one of my highest Ancestry matches and we fall in the range of 3-4 gg grandparents. I found her website and was quite fascinated. I haven't followed any of the various TV shows about Family History and have no interest in getting involved apart from giving her my ancestral tree. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing so dramatic!

Although I do have contact with one of my mother's cousins who was adopted out of our extended family - slightly confusingly, her ancestry tree is focused around her adoptive family rather than what she knows about her birth family; although completely understandable. I discovered our link when, I think, she contacted me and gave me the name of her birth mother, I unfortunately don't know much more, though I promised to share if I did discover anything about her birth mother or her family more than what I know already.

I had a quick look at the website, that's a very interesting role to be in and I'm sure it would be very rewarding - and really shows what DNA is capable of.
 
Back
Top