I've been working through my list of 'unviewed' DNA matches that show Common Ancestors. Invariably, these have no trees, private trees or trees with 3 people on them! However I then find their Common Ancestors which takes me to Thru Lines and 'alleged' ancestors -some of these I agree with but others I have no knowledge of, so I have researched further the ones I know of down to the new cousin which works great. Sometime though they are not contactable which is frustrating to say the least.
The problem is this, can I believe the Thru Lines trees that show an ancestor I'm unaware of? This is particularly hard when records are before 1837 and difficult to check.
Do people add trees that are not properly researched so that I appear to have a spurious ancestor or does the DNA match override that?
Makes my brain ache!
The problem is this, can I believe the Thru Lines trees that show an ancestor I'm unaware of? This is particularly hard when records are before 1837 and difficult to check.
Do people add trees that are not properly researched so that I appear to have a spurious ancestor or does the DNA match override that?
Makes my brain ache!