Pauline
LostCousins Megastar
Yesterday, while looking at some DNA matches, I thought something was amiss with the display brightness on my old laptop. It's Windows 10 and I was using Chrome - everything up to date.
I was looking at a particular DNA match and clicked to view their unlinked tree in a new tab. When I moved to that tab to view the tree I noticed, after about 5 seconds, that the display was dimming, and this was perhaps most noticeable in the tabs at the top of the window. When I switched back to the DNA match, with its predominantly white background, I could see the display gradually getting brighter again.
I don't have an auto-brightness control on that or any of my computers, but because it was late, I didn't investigate further.
I've now being looking again at Ancestry on my new laptop, and exactly the same has happened again. So next I tried with Firefox (latest version) and it happened there too. I've just checked, and it's also happening on my husband's laptop.
So it seems to be an Ancestry issue rather than a problem at my end. I don't remember noticing anything like this before.
Is anyone getting this, and does anyone know why it might be happening? Is it a bug or a feature?
I was looking at a particular DNA match and clicked to view their unlinked tree in a new tab. When I moved to that tab to view the tree I noticed, after about 5 seconds, that the display was dimming, and this was perhaps most noticeable in the tabs at the top of the window. When I switched back to the DNA match, with its predominantly white background, I could see the display gradually getting brighter again.
I don't have an auto-brightness control on that or any of my computers, but because it was late, I didn't investigate further.
I've now being looking again at Ancestry on my new laptop, and exactly the same has happened again. So next I tried with Firefox (latest version) and it happened there too. I've just checked, and it's also happening on my husband's laptop.
So it seems to be an Ancestry issue rather than a problem at my end. I don't remember noticing anything like this before.
Is anyone getting this, and does anyone know why it might be happening? Is it a bug or a feature?
