Hello!
I've found a record on Ancestry in England & Wales Criminal Registers 1791-1892 for a William Bassett - he was tried in October 1846 for assault and sentenced to 4 months imprisonment. Does anyone know if I'll be able to find any further records which would say which prison he served in, when he was released or any other information about him? I've looked through the National Archives and Devon archives online catalogues but can't find anything relevant. But perhaps local family history centres in Devon might have more information. I'd be very grateful for any pointers!
Thanks you!
I've found a record on Ancestry in England & Wales Criminal Registers 1791-1892 for a William Bassett - he was tried in October 1846 for assault and sentenced to 4 months imprisonment. Does anyone know if I'll be able to find any further records which would say which prison he served in, when he was released or any other information about him? I've looked through the National Archives and Devon archives online catalogues but can't find anything relevant. But perhaps local family history centres in Devon might have more information. I'd be very grateful for any pointers!
Thanks you!