Marguerite
LostCousins Member
I first wanted to place my post under "unsolved brickwalls" but here was stated:
"You have insufficient privileges to post here."
OK, here goes:
My grandfather has always been an enigma for me. His wife left him when their childen were under age.
Annie Bowers was born 1876 in Marthall, Cheshire, to Abraham and Ann Sant Bowers. She married John Owen in 1894 and bore him five children. His father was given as James Owen.
John Owen was born 1869 Altrincham, Cheshire. l have ruled out the John Thomas and John Henry, born around this date.
After years of research, I found that his first daughter, Gladys May, married a Frederick Shaw in 1919 "Bucklow, Cheshire". No children - at least couldn't find any.
On Deceased Online I found a grave for John Owen, Stretford Cemetery, died November 1938
together with Annie Owen, died 1935 and Gladys May Shaw, died 1940. These were all in the same grave, although the address for Annie was Stretford, whilst Gladys May Shaw's address was Sale, Cheshire.
On Ancestry, I suddenly found an entry for my grandfather who left a small amount of money to his firstborn (I assume). His address was the same as Gladys May Shaw's.
John Owen's date of death, i.e. 1938, leads me to believe that he is the John Owen born 1869 Altrincham and I am about to order his birth certificate.
It has taken me years to get to here and I just hope I am right.
"You have insufficient privileges to post here."
OK, here goes:
My grandfather has always been an enigma for me. His wife left him when their childen were under age.
Annie Bowers was born 1876 in Marthall, Cheshire, to Abraham and Ann Sant Bowers. She married John Owen in 1894 and bore him five children. His father was given as James Owen.
John Owen was born 1869 Altrincham, Cheshire. l have ruled out the John Thomas and John Henry, born around this date.
After years of research, I found that his first daughter, Gladys May, married a Frederick Shaw in 1919 "Bucklow, Cheshire". No children - at least couldn't find any.
On Deceased Online I found a grave for John Owen, Stretford Cemetery, died November 1938
together with Annie Owen, died 1935 and Gladys May Shaw, died 1940. These were all in the same grave, although the address for Annie was Stretford, whilst Gladys May Shaw's address was Sale, Cheshire.
On Ancestry, I suddenly found an entry for my grandfather who left a small amount of money to his firstborn (I assume). His address was the same as Gladys May Shaw's.
John Owen's date of death, i.e. 1938, leads me to believe that he is the John Owen born 1869 Altrincham and I am about to order his birth certificate.
It has taken me years to get to here and I just hope I am right.