Helen7
LostCousins Superstar
I read with great interest the 'detective' story about the life of Angela Redgrave who died recently aged 106, the difficulties in tracing her origins not being helped by untruths in the written records. Thanks for relating this story - it made my day.
I noticed that in the 1921 census for the family, in the right hand column (ages of all living children under 16) the father had (I assume) correctly entered the ages of his children as : Under one, 2, 3, 4 and 8 years, and then the enumerator had altered this in green ink to match the ages given against each child. I wonder how often this sort of discrepancy occurred in the 1921 census? Has anyone come across anything similar, I wonder.
I noticed that in the 1921 census for the family, in the right hand column (ages of all living children under 16) the father had (I assume) correctly entered the ages of his children as : Under one, 2, 3, 4 and 8 years, and then the enumerator had altered this in green ink to match the ages given against each child. I wonder how often this sort of discrepancy occurred in the 1921 census? Has anyone come across anything similar, I wonder.