When my mother died, curiosity got the better of me when I found a note with her grandparents names, I then realized that I knew very little about my ancestors. apart from my Maternal grandparents. I was also aware of my Maternal grandfather's sister, who I knew served as a nursing sister with the FFNC during WW1, working behind the French Front lines. I have since found out a great deal about her and I have her medals. I followed my Maternal lines back to the 1600's. However I knew very little of my father's family. I remembered visiting a sister in the 1950's in Leamington Spa, and an aunt visiting, but who they were I had no idea.I know now. My Dad once said that he thought his mother was a Romany, but he was unsure, as she died when he was 6 months old, and he didn't get on at all with his father, whose line I have traced to the mid 1700's His Mother however has been a complete mystery to me. Her marriage certificate to my Grandfather shows both her parents names, but I can find no record of a marriage or of any Birth information for her or her parents. I believe that I have found my grandmother's parents in the 1911 census, but by then her daughter(my grandmother) had died, and there appears to be no record of any of them in the 1901 census. Since taking a DNA test with Ancestry, and having the only 1st cousin I know from my Paternal line take a test, I have managed to identify a few possible leads, but again I hit a brick wall, as there appears to be no birth or census information, but the leads take me back to the Colchester area of Essex. I am at a loss to know where I can go from here