• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Cousins email address oddity

CarolB08

LostCousins Member
I need to know I am not going crazy please, tonight I sent a new contact a message using the message box as emails have not yet been exchanged, then I thought I would contact an existing cousin using the email address exchanged but when I clicked on the email address it took me to the Ancestry.co.uk web page ! Now I realise I could just cut and paste the address into my own email provider, but it stuck me as odd. Why does it do this and why when I use firefox does it open the Ancestry page in Chrome ?
 
I need to know I am not going crazy please, tonight I sent a new contact a message using the message box as emails have not yet been exchanged, then I thought I would contact an existing cousin using the email address exchanged but when I clicked on the email address it took me to the Ancestry.co.uk web page ! Now I realise I could just cut and paste the address into my own email provider, but it stuck me as odd. Why does it do this and why when I use firefox does it open the Ancestry page in Chrome ?
I'd guess it's the way your browsers are set up to handle 'mailto:' links. When I click a link it opens my email program.
 
Being a complete computer dunce I would not have a clue about that Peter, I just thought I would mention it, I simply copied and pasted in the end so alls well.
 
Being a complete computer dunce I would not have a clue about that Peter, I just thought I would mention it, I simply copied and pasted in the end so alls well.
Not at a problem, but at least the information is there for others who might need it.
 
Back
Top