Carla
LostCousins Star
Like quite a few people i have found some Irish ancestors on my great grandfather's maternal line. I am particularly trying to find out more about Irish research and how to go about it. One of the censuses states my ancestor came from Cork but that's as far as i have got. The problem is that there are so many variations on the surname....Milan, Milin, Millin, etc, in that area. I thought his christian name of Cornelius, would narrow the search down, as it was unusual to me. Sadly that is not the case, and now i am completely lost. I know a lot of records were destroyed in Ireland but what i am asking is simply some advice on actually where to start. I found some church records but it is difficult to prove the person is my ancestor. I suppose it is time to send away for the marriage record of Cornelius to see if there is some information on that?