Norman
LostCousins Member
Google how to backup email windows live
I don't know why anyone should lose data as a result of buying a new PC - surely they don't junk the old one (or if they don't have the space, at least they keep the hard drive)?
I'd already posted a link to that procedure. Keeping your old hard drive doesn't help if you don't know where the database is stored and if your new email program can't open the file.
Bob - Agreed, if you're using a web based email system (Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo etc.) then you don't need to back up your email data. If you are collecting your web based emails in your local computer you certainly do. Unless you're not concerned with losing the data in the event of hard disk failure. Remember it's not a question of IF the hard disk fails but more WHEN the hard disk fails. I speak as someone who has had to replace 3 or 4 hard disks over the years - never lost any data though.