• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Congratulations to the Forum!

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha-ahaaa
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world
 
Can't buy Tesco's wine in Finland.
Can't get to Glasgow for WDYTYA (see, Money Money)
Don't want a Kindle, Family Tree, Table or Ipad - anyhow, save more by not buying what you neither want nor need.:D
 
Can't buy Tesco's wine in Finland.
Can't get to Glasgow for WDYTYA (see, Money Money)
Don't want a Kindle, Family Tree, Table or Ipad - anyhow, save more by not buying what you neither want nor need.:D
I agree that some of my tips are targeted people who live in the UK (like most of what I write about, they're based on my own experience), but you can save on Ancestry, Findmypast and other websites with the offers I arrange. Some researchers in Australia (which is where Margery lives) have saved hundreds of dollars by following my advice.

And many people could save money in their own countries by applying similar principles. The same strategies generally work when I'm travelling.
 
I agree, Peter, and I have followed your advice on countless things, e.g. Repixl, for which I'm very grateful. As for Findmypast, I told you the unhappy story of how they tried to overcharge several of us when we renewed our World subs (so-called 10% discount amounting to sub. of £143.96) . We sorted it out and got a good reduction in the end (refund of £27.41) , but only thanks to a wide-awake member of the Kent Family History Society. So I'm a wee bit wary of Findmypast from now on.
 
Back
Top