• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Competition!

Paul Reeve

LostCousins Member
Peter, your latest competition (the first one I have been able to enter) has caused me (in the nicest possible way) a loot of hassle and work! I started preparing to enter census records of my Gladden ancestors (all 3x or greater relations) in early January only to find that the first one I broiught up on one of the web sites wasn't in my family historian tree!! After abit of digging I worked out that a John Miller Gladden (1759-1795) was in my tree but I had no spouse/family. Once I had got that sorted, I found all sorts of other family and fleshed out that branch of my tree by over a hundred relatives including back to 7 x great grandparents (I am reasonably certain of this). I finally got round to entering the records I could yesterday (and completely ran out of time to look at the 1911 census). I've also got to go back and add those I have certificates for but that can wait a while.
So thank you for the kick-start. My wife now hopes that occasionally I will not be monopolising the computer.

Paul
 
Well done, Paul - I suspect you're not the only one to make some discoveries as a result of the competition!
 
My wife now hopes that occasionally I will not be monopolising the computer.
My partner had the same complaint I suggested he should buy me one and we ended up with a computer each. I can 'genealogise' to my heart's content.

I won't be surprised if you are advised, in the nicest possible way, about Family Tree Analyser, I found it so easy to use for adding relatives
 
Back
Top